They are like a baked potato, chip and roast potato all in one and of course with the addition of garlic, what’s not to like? Unless of course you hate garlic, in which case I recommend not to add it, as they are still the best type of potato you will ever taste.
Now I know for these you could just use spray oil, but for these I just love using a little bit ghee, as it really crisps them up (especially on the bottom) and they get this amazing buttery taste, that you just can’t get with spray oil. However if you don’t want to use any syns, then by all means, use spray oil, they are still delicious. The ghee just takes these Garlic Hasselback Potatoes to a whole other level.
- 4 large russet potato
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (or other oil of choice
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of black pepper
- spray oil
- freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 220c or 425f (gas mark 7)
- Place a potato onto a large wooden spoon and slice thin slits all down the potato. (cutting it on the wooden spoon, will prevent you from slicing all the way through
- Add the ghee to a bowl with the garlic and mix well.
- Place the potatoes in an oven proof dish and brush the garlic ghee all over the potatoes and in the slits.
- Spray over the top with some spray oil and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for about 1½ hours. Till nice and golden.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Optional: Add some cheese at the last 15 mins of cooking time, and continue to cook till melted and golden.